Dilato won't open on Mac
If the Mac app does not open or get installed after you download it, a few things could fix the issue. Here are the two most common scenarios of the Mac app not opening properly:
1. Nothing happens when you click on the Dilato file or the Dilato icon in the Dock.
2. You get a message "Dilato can't be opened".
1. Nothing happens when you click on Dilato
First, have a look at the menu bar: if you can see the Dilato icon in the menu bar, this means that Dilato is open and running in the background.
Click on the Dilato icon, then press "Open Editor" to open the Dilato window.
If you don't see the Dilato icon in the menu bar, the main reason for this is that there was an update of MacOS which disabled Accessibility permission to Dilato in the System Preferences. Here are the steps to fix this issue:
- Go to the Apple menu on the top right of your screen.
- Select "System Preferences".
- Go to "Security & Privacy".
- Click the "Privacy" tab.
- On the left pane, choose "Accessibility".
- Click on the small lock 🔒 on the lower left of the window, then enter your password.
- In the right column, find the Dilato icon and check the checkbox next to Dilato (if it is already checked, you have to uncheck it, then check it again).
- Try opening Dilato. It should work in most cases.
2. You get the message "Dilato can't be opened" when you click on the downloaded file on my Mac
Your Mac may be set to prevent all downloads from being opened. You can change that setting by going to the Apple menu:
- Go to the Apple menu in the upper left of your screen
- Choose "System Preferences"
- Click on the "Security & Privacy" icon
- Select the "General" pane
- Click on the lock 🔒 and enter your password
- In the "Allow apps downloaded from", select "App Store & identified developers"
Now click on the Dilato app you downloaded and it should open flawlessly. 🙂
If you still can't open Dilato on Mac using these instructions, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you.